Quilters! We don't have to sew the batting edges together anymore... we can fuse it!!!
HEAT Press Batting Together is happy to introduce our new product to you. HEAT Press Batting Together was developed to fuse batting pieces together to fit a specific size, to enlarge or reinforce. The HEAT Press Batting Together is 1 ½ inch cloth tape on a 10 yard roll, will allow batting edges to be fused together with a soft fuse that stretches, eliminating the old pinning and stitching of extra batting pieces needed to fit a specific project. The product can be used on any batting fabric content.
Directions for using HEAT Press Batting Together:
- Iron Settings are Most Important when applying tape. Irons with Teflon plates can use low cotton to fuse tape. Irons without a teflon plate use the new instructions below.
- Test your iron with tape and batting.
* 100% polyester batting... low setting.. (high synthetic) and use and up and down motion until the glue is set. You can use a low shot of steam to finish the fusible process holding the iron above the tape.
* Test all synthetic mixed battings ~ usually a wool setting works well.
You may find that the batting looks flat after application but when it cools the batting is fluffy again.
With a large quilt batting 93" and adding more width, I use weights on either side of the batting to hold it in place.
- Use and up and down motion with the iron as you place the tape for the first time on the batting edges.
- When the tape is set in place then apply heat and you may use a little light steam to completely melt the glue backing.
- You will find that the tape is soft, flexible, stretches and is ready for either hand quilting or machine quilting.
- It's FAST AND EASY